Frequently Asked Questions
1. Where is Carolina Basement Solutions located?
- Carolina Basement Solutions has offices located in Cowpens, SC and Charlotte, NC. We have representatives and crews available to serve the Midlands and Update of SC, the Charlotte Metro Area, and the Western parts of NC.
2. How do I determine if a waterproofing system is needed?
- If any signs of water, moisture, mildew, or mold are found present inside of a structure, contact Carolina Basement Solutions for a free assessment.
3.How do I determine if a crawlspace encapsulation system is needed?
- If any signs of water, high humidity, mildew, mold, or moisture are found present inside of the crawlspace, contact Carolina Basement Solutions for a free assessment.
4. Should crawlspace vents be kept open or closed?
- Unfortunately, there is not a definitive answer to this, simply because every house is different and the climate and humidity varies throughout the seasons. While it is important to allow for the circulation of air, it is also crucial to keep moisture out. For areas where the humidity levels are high, it is often best to keep crawlspace vents closed. With the vents closed and with a proper vapor barrier in place, the moisture and humidity levels should be kept under control. It also important to ensure that the grade surrounding the home is adequate and that any drainage issues are addressed.
5. Does Carolina Basement Solutions provide waterproofing systems for new construction?
- Carolina Basement Solutions specializes in the installation of waterproofing systems that have been design specifically to control water entering5existing structures
6. Does Carolina Basement Solutions perform mold remediation?
- Carolina Basement Solutions provides services and treatments to kill mold, however we do not perform full mold remediation. If there are serious concerns pertaining to major mold issues, we recommend that you seek the services of a certified mold inspector to perform formal testing.
7. How much does waterproofing cost?
- The price various depending upon the surface area in which a waterproofing system is needed, as well as the package or type of system desired
8. How much does crawlspace encapsulation cost?
- The price various depending upon the surface area in which a crawlspace encapsulation systems is to be installed, as well as what other components are desired or needed (such as a dehumidifier, sump pump, etc.)
9. Are financing options available?
- Yes, view financing options here.
10. What type of warranty does Carolina Basement Solutions offer?
- Carolina Basement Solutions offers various services, using a range of products and systems. We take pride in the services we provide and use proven and trusted products. Our waterproofing systems are backed with a transferable Life of Structure Warranty, our carbon fiber reinforcement systems are backed with a transferable 10 Year Warranty, and our floor stabilization systems are backed with one year warranty.